- It is the basic function and responsibility of the Sr. Manager of Engineering to act as a part of the Cooperative’s Senior Management Team and to assist the Executive VP/CEO with the overall long-term guidance and success of the Cooperative.
- Responsible for the efficient management and leadership of the Engineering Department.
- Ensures that all personnel under direct and indirect supervision are thoroughly trained in accordance with the qualifications and requirements of their respective positions.
- Works with Senior Management to develop plan for long-term power supply resources and contracts.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of all Cooperative Policies and Terms and Conditions of Service and recommends changes as needed.
- Keeps informed on new developments, trends, research, industry practices, and innovations for possible use.
- Works with Senior Management to develop and implement short and long range work plans for both the transmission and distribution systems that align with the overall goals of the Cooperative.
Job Related Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field required.
- Must be a certified Professional Engineer (PE) or obtain this certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of RUS and Cooperative Specifications, National Electric Code (NEC), National Safety Code (NESC), EPA and OSHA Rules pertaining to PEC Operations.
- Must know PEC's system, equipment and territory.
- Prefer an individual with at least 5 years supervisory experience of 3 or more employees.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and sound decision-making ability.
- Must possess valid Oklahoma Drivers License.
This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. All employees are subject to the provisions set forth in Peoples Electric Controlled Substance and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
Notice of Equal Opportunity Employment
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We fully consider all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.